Apr 17, 201207:46 AMBay Buzz
Pinterest Trend of the Week: Blush and Bashful
Spring has arrived with a new color trend every girl will, or will learn to, love. From fashion and home décor to entertaining and even food, pink is sneaking its way back into the limelight as the color to wear (and use) this season. Prepare to channel your inner girly girl because blush is the new black.
1. Skinny jeans. Pastel shades of all sorts are finding their home in denim this season. Pair them with a white eyelet top and sandals for an effortlessly easy look.
2. Home furniture. The days of sleek black and brown furniture are over. Shed some light on your living space with a distressed antique treasure. White House Antiques in Grand Bay can help you successfully infuse blush into your bedroom with a pretty paint treatment.
3. Floral wedding accents. Vintage weddings have resurged this spring, and pink flowers are a great way to complete the look. Roses, hydrangeas and carnations in a combination of blush tones create cohesive, monochromatic centerpieces. Gold and pink sugar flowers make a statement on a classic white cake.
4. Bangles. If I’ve learned one thing about accessories from Pinterest, the more bangles, the better. Mix and match assorted cuffs in gold and pink to evoke a Bohemian feel.
5. Tablescapes. Set the tone for your dinner party with a variety of textured pink linens. Best of all, blush can be played down to its whimsical roots for a birthday party or baby shower and dressed up for an elegant garden party. For the latter, stick to muted shades with a cream undertone.