7 fruity, refreshing cocktails perfect for outdoor entertaining with friends or family
Photo by Todd Douglas
1 green apple, cored and sliced
1 cup strawberries, sliced lengthwise
1 cup blackberries
1/4 cup pomegranate juice
1 (750-milliliter) bottle of Chardonnay (or other dry white wine)
1/2 cup Cointreau (or other orange liqueur)
4 cups lemon-lime soda
1. In a large pitcher, combine apple slices, strawberries, blackberries and pomegranate juice.
2. Add in white wine and Cointreau.
3. Cover and refrigerate for 4 - 5 hours.
4. Remove from refrigerator. Add lemon-lime soda before serving. Serves approximately 6.
Photos by Elizabeth Gelineau
1 1/2 ounces white rum
3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
1/4 ounce fresh grapefruit juice
1/4 ounce maraschino liqueur
1 lime wheel, for garnish
1. Combine ingredients in a heavy-duty blender and blend until ice is smooth. Pour into a champagne coupe or wine glass, and garnish with a lime wheel. Serve immediately. Serves 1.
Spicy Ginger Pineapple Punch
3/4 cup vodka
3/4 cup spiced rum
3/4 cup fresh lime juice
3/4 cup canned pineapple juice
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 (12-ounce) bottles ginger beer
pineapple and lime slices, for garnish
1. Pour the vodka, rum, lime juice, pineapple juice and nutmeg into a large jug. Stir and refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. Right before serving, add the ginger beer to mixture.
3. Serve over ice and garnish with fresh pineapple and lime slices. Serves 4.
Photos by Elise Poche
Mississippi Planter's Punch
3 ounces pineapple juice
2 ounces orange juice
2 ounces dark rum
1 ounce light rum
1 dash grenadine
1 dash angostura bitters
pineapple slices and cherries, for garnish
1. Shake together first 6 ingredients and pour over ice in a tall glass.
2. Garnish with pineapple and cherries. Makes 1 serving.
Gulf Coast Sunrise
8 ounces Fairhope Brewing Co. Everyday Ale (blonde ale)
4 ounces fresh squeezed satsuma or orange juice
splash of pineapple juice
splash of triple sec
orange slice, for garnish
1. Pour Everyday Ale into a pilsner glass.
2. Top with juices and triple sec. Garnish with an orange slice.
Photos by Elizabeth Gelineau, Elise Poche
Moscato White Sangria
1 ounce Skyy brand blood orange vodka
1 1/2 ounces sour mix
4 ounces Moscato white wine
1. Put raspberries in the bottom of a glass and top with ice. Pour vodka, sour mix and Moscato over the top and serve. Serves 1.
2 ounces sweet tea vodka
1 ounces simple syrup
1 lemon wedge
4 fresh mint leaves
1 sprig of mint, to garnish
1. Place 1 scoop of ice into a mixing tin.
2. Add vodka, simple syrup, mint leaves. Squeeze and drop lemon wedge into.
3. Shake contents vigorously and transfer into drinking glass. Garnish with a lemon wheel and a fresh mint sprig.